Old 01-10-09, 07:59 PM
PlatyPius
Arsehole

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
He's a fellow Hoosier, I am pretty sure, Beanz. You'd have to get used to snow and subzero temps, though.
Yup. Just south of you a bit.

I've been in the business around here for a while now, and I've never heard of problems like these around here. I've heard nothing but good things about Hodson's Bay up by Stormcrowe, and mostly good things about all of the shops in Indy. There is, of course, one shop that has a pretty poor reputation - there always is. They are a Bicycle Supermarket, if you know what I mean. I applied for a job there many years ago...back in '97 or so. The owner's wife told me I was too fat to work there. For those who live in the Indy area, the bike shop in question is usually referred to by 3 letters (and it isn't ICS).

The place mentioned above tends to hire 'less skilled' and 'less experienced' mechanics, so I guess I can see how some shops could indeed push bikes out the door without having been built properly. I just get defensive when someone goes off on bike mechanics. I try to take care of my customers and give them more than they pay for.