View Single Post
Old 01-12-09, 08:56 PM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ultraman6970
+1 with jonsam... here is something i could not understand, the FD goes down by itself? I mean you pull all the way up and suddenly goes down to the middle? If thats the case no matter which fd you put in there, that should not happen.

Is this a quick shift? i have the regular ergo that basicly u just crank it up and down and no issues playing one day with a shimano fd.
Thanks for the reply Ultra.

Yep. You can hear the ratchet slipping on the way down.

Just to emphasize, as long as I put pressure on the lever, the front derailer stays in the high position. Once I take away the direct pressure on the lever -- i.e., I am not releasing the tension with the other lever -- the cable slips and the front derailer falls to the middle position.

The front derailer works fine with a Shimano Ultegra shifter.

Seriously, have you ever heard of a road FD being incompatible with another road shifter?

ProBikeKit is threatening me with extra fees. They are claiming that the shifter is fully functional but have not told me how they determined that.