Old 01-13-09, 10:53 PM
Syncmaster
GO, Mordecai!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Are my toe clips overlapping TOO much?....

Ok first of all, I realize this topic of overlap has been discussed numerous times throughout this forum (I've been searching) and for that I apologize, however I have a slightly different question.

I understand that with smaller track frames, overlap is inevitable, and that the answer is most likely for me to just get used to it. But what I'm asking is how much overlap is too much?

I just finished my first build on a 50cm track frame, and have yet to ride it due to the snow/rain weather we have right now, so I have yet to see if I can get used to the overlap, but I wanted to share some pics of my set up to see if anyone thought that my circumstance was something I should try and fix. And I already know my options to fix them, toes cutting off being #1 choice.

Right now the bike's specs are as follows: 50cm frame, 700c wheels, 170mm cranks. MKS sylvan pedals and Large toe clips.
My specs are: 5'8ish, inseam: 30inches

here are the pics:

Here's where the tire hits my shoe when the wheel is turned and the cranks are straight

last one:

So am I just being way to paranoid since I've yet to actually really ride this bike to see what it feels like? Or do I have an excessive amount of overlap?.... Just learn to deal with it? or should I consider smaller clips/cranks?

my brother has the same frame but in 53cm, and his toe overlap is minimal. The tire just skims the toe clip, but obviously this is expected considering he has a bigger frame.

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.