77midget
me ride bike good

Bikes: Trek 4300; Trek 1.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Missbumble
Thanks Midget - I tried the statonary bike just now - wow that's dast pedalling. How long do you last on it? I just did it for 10 minutes as a warm up for my weight lifting stuff....but since I can run 5 miles - I bet I coudl do that as well...any suggetsions on how often/how long. It's not a spinning bike but it's upright and may help me on the road.
My routine, and this is just personal preference, is this: If biking is the primary cardio for the day, which for me is a 'cross training' day, I run a mile, then I bike for 45 minutes on random hill setting at level 8-12, depending on how I feel that day, and what my RPM is, which I try to keep between 90 and 100. Running is definitely a good primer for this. I only go below level 10 (out of 20) when the resistance is at it's highest, aka a strong hill-I treat the level setting like downshifting.

I have been doing this 2x per week, but I want to move it to 3x. My knee was a bit sore after last night's 5k loop, so tonight is just a 1 mile and then some lifting, and tomorrow will be a bike day.