powerglide
~ Going the Distance ~

Bikes: 2006 Bianchi Carbon 928, 2002 Gary Fisher Utopia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crashed, boo-hoo, but hear my rant!

I'm not trying to solicit sympathy or brag or whatever, just wanted to rant about why I crashed and maybe hear what some of you may have done about it...

Going slow on the bicycle path by the coast, and I round a blind curve slowing down even more. As I make the tight turn, I'm probably down to 8 mph, there's a cleaning lady dumping out her yellow mop bucket right onto the bike path. I hit the soapy puddle and I'm down.
The cleaning lady looks the other way and goes walking back to her building. I get up, my legs are bloody, clothes shredded, my Chorus brifters scratched, chipped, and twisted inward.

I'm pissed and embarrased, so I say "Soap water??!!! Are you kidding me!?!" To which the lady starts freakin in spanish and english "no soap! No soap!"

I'm pretty sure other cyclists were wiping out on that turn too judging from her reaction.

I'm hurt, pissed, and embarrassed (there were witnesses, none of whom offered any assistance) asian lady with big dog stood by laughing as I bled. (Her friggin pit bull barked and lurched at me, nice touch)

I'm sure this dumb cleaning lady didn't do it on purpose, and I decided to just ride home before I got too stiff to make it back (16 miles)

Thank goodness for my leg warmers and heavy duty gloves, or I would be much worse off. serious road rash, bruised knee and palms, shreded clothing was the cost.

I chalked it up to hazards of cycling, but some think I should have called the cops on this woman...

Thank goodness my bike and I are OK, otherwise I probably would have escalated the situation.