Old 01-03-05, 10:58 AM
MsMittens
Virtulized geek

Bikes: Modified Davinci (single speed) and custom Gunnar Rock Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
By interactive, I mean keeping threads on track, like Ti or Carbon for light rider?... went off into a stupid tangent about materials, design, engineering.
Members should be able to do that as well and perhaps encouraged to try to keep threads on track.

If y'all want the added work, I recommend that forum specific mods read as many threads as possible, split threads when appropriate.
Rather than taking existing mods and making them forum specific (adding on to an existing workload) perhaps have "experts" for each forum. The main mods than can deal with the more day-to-day needs while the "experts" can help keep forums geared towards the topics. We've used that at my security forums just because of the broadness of the topics.

Y'all can lead discussions too, when things are slow.
So can "y'all" members.

Mods are underpaid (most of the time these are people who volunteer), overworked (expected to be experts at everything and be everyone's best bud) and underappreciated ('nuff said).

I think that it would be far more beneficial if members took the lead on this rather than depending on the mods to do this. Last time I checked, this was a member driven forum.