powerglide
~ Going the Distance ~

Bikes: 2006 Bianchi Carbon 928, 2002 Gary Fisher Utopia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wcoastbikr
Fyi...Hermosa is actually the only part of the path that is a MUP. That's why there's an 8mph speedlimit. I hate going through that part of the bike path. Especially in summer or the weekends. It's almost impossible to get through. Traffic is usually not bad at all in Hermosa beach except during rush hour. I almost always take Hermosa Ave. through Hermosa Beach. That's my sprint workout since there's a fair amount of stop signs as well. Sprint, stop, sprint, stop...

But I agree, too many idiots on the bike path. I've seen groups countless times walking shoulder to shoulder across the entire path. Really it even says "Bikes only" on the path.

I'm curious where this happened though. Was it the turn at I think 25th (i think it's that one) on the path towards the end that actually takes you off the path and onto the side of Hermosa Ave? Or is it the part at Herondo Ave. Where there is that intersting exit onto the other side of the road. I absolutely hate when people dump soap, dirt, etc. onto the path from their homes right on the strand.
Please see post right above yours