Old 01-16-09, 07:53 AM
Thomas1976

Bikes: 4 bicycles (2x Randonneurs, 1x Crosser, 1x bicycle for winter, 1x bicycle for travelling)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Travelling witg Greyhound busses from Jasper to Vancouver, BC

Hi,

I´m Thomas and I´m new in this forum. I live in Germany, in Bielefeld, it is the middle of Germany!

I´m going to West Canada for a bicycle trip from the 24th, July to 21th August 2009 (4 weeks). I start my trip in Vancouver and I´m going back from Vancouver to Germany!

I will finish my trip in Jasper. I´m looking now for a possibility to go back from Jasper to Vancouver either with bus or with train.

The first possibility to rent a car in Jasper is too expensive for me, it should be cost more than 400€ for a small car.

Other possibilities are to go by train (railway) or by Greyhound busses from Jasper to Vancouver.

The disadvantage to go back by railway is, that the canadian railways only go from Jasper to Vancouver 3 times a week. But I´don´t know at which day I will arrive in Jasper. I think it will be between the 16th and the 19th August. But I have to be back in Vancouver latest in the afternoon of the 20th August.
In addition the trip with the canadian railway is too long for me, it goes over 20 hours.

To go back by Greyhound busses is very quick (only 13 hours), the busses are going to Vancouver every day, and it is the cheapest possibility to go back from Jasper to Vancouver.

But I read at the homepage from Greyhound, that the only possibility is to transport my bicycles in acardboard box designed for bicycles. Is that correct so??
But where can I get cardboard box for my bicycle in Jasper?? Is it possible to rent a cardboard box from Greyhound company?? Or is there a office from Greyhound company in Jasper, where I can rent or buy a cardboard box? How much costs a cardboard box??

Do you know, if Greyhound transported my bicycle in the same bus, or could it be that they transported my bicycle in other busses??

Are there other possibilities to go back from Jasper to Vancouver include my bicycles (other bus companies??)

What is the best and cheapest possibility to go from Jasper to Vancouver include my bicycle?? Is here anybody who have a better idea for travelling back to Vancouver??

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Regards
Thomas