View Single Post
Old 01-16-09, 10:46 AM
tmoneygetpaid

Bikes: '82 Trek 613, '83 Lotus Eclair, '86 (?) Yokota Ranger, '85 Schwinn Cimarron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Free crescent frame

I'm doing a build for a friend of mine. I thought I found a frame, but it fell through. A good friend I have works at a bike shop and offered to give me a Crescent frame that he has for free. It apparently needs a headset and a new fork, but his shop sells both of these used for really cheap.

I did a quick google and bikeforum search and turned up little info except on the one model that seems most common-- the orange crescent Pepita. I don't think this is a pepita because it's green, and it doesn't look like a repaint because the decals are all under the clear coat. It looks like 1970s to me, and I remember it having half-chromed stays. Does anyone have any idea what it is? Or any more info on Crescent bikes in general? Would it be worth building up? I'd be putting a 126mm-spaced rear wheel on it, so I'd probably have to cold set it, which is a bit annoying and risky...

I also am wondering if it uses any strangely-dimensioned parts, ie. french-threaded BB, 22.2mm steerer, etc. And I'm wondering if it was built for 27" wheels or 700c. I can get a good deal on some older NOS short reach Ultegra calipers.