View Single Post
Old 01-17-09, 05:47 PM
kknh3

Bikes: Schwinn High Plains, Trek 750 Multi-Track, Schwinn Passage, Schwinn High Sierra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HAVE

Original Dura Ace 36h low flange hubset. Date code Z I. They are just like the low flange version on this brochure page.

75 Dura Ace Hubs

When I got them, the axle in the rear hub was bent. I've replaced it with one from Wheels Mfg. However, the original had a keyway slot and the washers had a tab to fit in that keyway. I haven't reassembled them. I haven't taken the time to grind the tab off the washers. I removed the bearings without removing the dustcaps, so they are fully intact. Skewers are included, but are a little rusty in spots.

Spokes from wheels with the Dura Ace hubs. 305/306 mm by my best measurement. They measure at 1.8mm diameter nominally and have a "star" imprinted on the head. I've kept them separated by wheel and side. The 36 from the front wheel are in good shape. One set of 18 from the rear have significant wear near the heads. The other 18 are in good shape.

MKS AR-8 clip pedals with chrome Christophe cages and plastic/nylon straps. These came off a Schwinn Passage touring bike.

Shimano "333" 5-speed freewheel
Suntour (Maeda) 6-speed freewheel
Maillard freewheel hub, 126mm, 36h
Axles, cones, nuts, washers and bearings from a Sunshine 5345 hub - all in great shape

1 pair XL J&G touring shorts. Worn twice.

Suntour friction/ratcher bar end shifters

J&G touring shorts

WANT/NEED

36 hole freehub for Shimano 7-speed cassette suitable for 250 lb rider. Something like Shimano XT or better

Shimano 7-speed, 11 - 34, Mega Range cassette

Shimano 7-speed indexed bar-end shifters

Soma High Rider stem adapter or similar. Soma stem adapter I need something with the length like the Soma.

Adjustable stem to fit 1-1/8" threadless and 25.4 dia. bars. 90 - 110mm

Aero brake levers for big hands

Alloy anatomical drop bars. 25.4 dia. and 42/44 mm