Old 01-18-09, 04:28 PM
SesameCrunch
Eschew Obfuscation

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by werewolf
How is the ride quality of the Moulton, say compared to the Bike Friday or Swift? Are you able to make a comparison? Bruce? Are Moulton parts breaking and getting replacements a problem? 17" tires and tubes won't be easy to find in a pinch.
I have a Moulton TSR30 (that I bought from EvilV) and a 1970 MK3 (completely rebuilt with parts from various sources). I second the comments that have been made about the comfort of the ride. My first ride on the TSR was quite eye-opening. It was like riding a Cadillac suspension, gliding over bumps in the road. The TSR also has a long wheelbase, providing smooth control. I can ride hands free very easily on it. The space frame also provides a rigidity that's incredible.

I think the TSR would make a GREAT touring bike. It does weigh about 25lbs, so it's not so much a racing or climbing machine.

With apologies to those who have already seen these pictures, but I just love showing them :