View Single Post
Old 01-04-05, 01:21 AM
Habu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale Cyclocross brake shudder

I am a keen participant in local triathlon and duathlon events here in Japan. Last year I purchased a brand new Cyclocross from Cannondale because I wanted a bike that could function both in my sporting pursuits and in my daily commuting needs traveling to and from work. Only 1 or 2 weeks after purchase, the bike developed a very violent shudder upon application of the front brake. After a long and drawn out negotiation with Cannondale Japan, they finally agreed to replace the bike with a brand new 2005 model which I took delivery of just 2 weeks ago. Alas, the exact same problem has developed again. My retailer and local cyclist himself, has done everything he can to rectify the problem but to no avail. I am the first to admit that mechanics is not my forte but such a severe problem on two separate brand new bikes leads me to think there is some problem with the original product. Anyway, the whole process has been and still is very frustrating. Any comments will be most gratefully received.