Old 01-19-09, 10:00 AM
hnsq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You are more than welcome to believe that...however you have to realize our society and economy are built around businesses. You wouldn't have the internet access you have to post here without corporations, for example. Some corporations are destructive, some small mom and pop stores take advantage of people as well. For every corporate scandal you see in the news, there are hundreds that give a large percentage of earnings to charity, give honest, hardworking people jobs, and provide much needed products and benefits to society. I know it is the popular thing to bash corporations, but I am just asking you to think for yourself instead of making the same blanket statements you hear amongst any hipster/nonconformist crowd.

And to say corporations exist only to make money is a very cynical view. Some do, but many people who start public companies honestly enjoy what they do. Besides, doing a job only for money is a problem you can't stick only on corporate America, right?

Originally Posted by slloth
A corporation only exists for one purpose. To make money and make as much as possible.

That is my opinion and what I believe is fact.

With that being said a corporation in definition has the ability to become destructive. Do I believe corporations are less destructive than religion? Yes. But that is a whole different thread. And actually this thread was not created with the intent to discuss corporate impact opinion. I was just trying to tell a story that I thought was funny.

And since I have shaved and cut my hair short I have been getting much different looks. Especially from the female types.

And I am still the same person.