boneshake
living with metabolic r8

Bikes: Giant OCR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InfiniteRegress
Haha...ok, but the KKK deserves a good riot! The thing that scares me about DC events, aside from full-blown rioting, is all the crime that can and often does take place. Pick-pocketing is very easy at these crowded events and then, because the police become concentrated in one area of town, crime in just about every other neighborhood goes up. I have a place in NW DC (Petworth) and whenever there is a major event downtown our crime skyrockets. I've seen minor disagreements at July 4th events turn into fights right there on the Mall. In addition, things aren't as well-controlled as everyone leads the public to believe. Not for me. IMO, there is just too much potential for trouble and I'd rather stay far away from it. I also have a problem with my tax dollars going to finance so much of this hoopla, but that's another frustration I'll have to work out in another forum
Petworth? Well, I'll stay out of Petworth then. The Mall is pretty safe. Pickpocketing is something you have to worry about in every city, all the time. And July 4th is a bunch of hot sweaty drunks waiting for hours in the sun for a bunch of lights and things that go boom. That's almost as bad as the Klan.