View Single Post
Old 01-19-09, 10:53 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Randochap
Agreed, however, when it comes to pumps, I'll go for function. The thing about the Morph is that it is a mini floor pump and you can get much more leverage against the groud than with a frame pump held in mid air.

I've pumped a friend's tubs up to 140psi with mine. No sweat.
If the function of the HP-X was a problem, I would switch, but the only slight shortcoming of the frame pump is that you have to be a little careful not to carelessly tear off the stem. I don't mind applying a little skill. No problem ever getting 100 psi, which is all I need. But this is on the Bridgestone and the old Fuji where the frame pump has a clear advantage in looks and convenience of storage. On a MTB or if I had a compact road frame, there would be no such advantage and I would go with the Morph. In fact, I do just that on my rigid steel MTB. The plastic mount fits nicely under the top tube.