Old 01-20-09, 12:40 AM
banjo_mole 
Bicycle Adventurer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hmm... I realized, looking at my posts the other day, that few are as thoughtful as to reflect my actual personality. Poo.
Well, I worry, above all else. I realized while thinking the other day, that if I don't finish my current project soon, I won't. There is a very limited supply of old parts left for old bicycles, and the count is shrinking every day. That Simplex RD posted earlier that went for 1K+, how many NIB deraileurs are there like that, left? That could've very well been the last one, or one of the last three, etc.
How nice it'd be to open an old warehous and pop open a crate and find hundreds of old parts that never made it to the retailer from the manufacturer due to pirates or something, and refill the market with NIB campy parts, rare french parts, etc.

But unless that happens, the stuff is disappearing, going on bikes, and-
When the bikes we've restored fall back into the condition they were in when they were purchased, there's no way they'll be reborn YET AGAIN. They'll disappear into a museum or finally die in a scrap pile.

My point is this:
Someone get me a Campagnolo NR headset, english thread, NIB, before there are none.

Seriously though, the stuff is disappearing.