Biker

Bikes: one Recumbent and one Utility Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody View Post
good journalism, gwd. Keep us posted!

I know to you DCers this is a giant PITA, but I sure wish I could be there for the party!
Last night was odd. Many cops out at the intersections and parties at the non-profits and labor unions. Traffic was so weird it felt good to just slice through it all. The cops were busy dealing with the cars so bikers could just move along. I met a friend at a restaurant then we went to a birthday party down in the historically black neighborhood where Duke Ellington lived. No problem finding parking or getting around for us.

I just returned from volunteering at one of the bike valet stations near the white house. We parked some 950 bikes in 3 hours. It was pretty cold out before dawn. Some people were crazy enough to go down to the national mall in the middle of the night. Many people who came by bike made the exact same comment- "I'm soooo glad I biked here. Thanks for volunteering to do this. " People arrived by bike dressed up in fancy clothes.

I rode home after my shift. I didn't wear thick enough gloves. Later I'll go back out just to see the craziness. Biking is always the best way to get around DC but today it is doubly true and in spite of the cold I see many bikes out on the streets. Some people who came to the bike valet station had old dusty bikes and said they almost never ride, but today they did.

I hear on the radio right now Obama is taking the oath.....