View Single Post
Old 01-20-09, 05:05 PM
Ricky in Jersey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey folks, more Pigeon info

I happen to agree with Mr. Wong, since I've never riden the Dahon in question, I will not comment. I will say however that the Dahon seems to be the folder of choice in NYC. I work in downtown Manhattan and would venture to say that 60% of the folder's I see are Dahon's. They must be doing something right.

I have yet to ride my Pigeon in NYC or in other parts of the five boro's. Like I stated before, I had a Downtube, and rode it along the Riverside Drive bike path from Grant's Tomb up the the GWB. I also rode it quite extensively in Flushing Meadow Park in Queens near the old World's Fair site and Shea Stadium. The mood in that region is more low keyed and mellow. I play softball up in Central Park, and the bike rider's up there are very intense. Mostly you see expensive road bikes and the folks are really flying by. In order to get to the ball fields near 79th Steet, You have to cross a bike path that has a traffic light that no one pays attention to! The rider's are going down a long hill and are probably going upwards of 30-35 mph, if not more! I would feel a little intiminated to ride there on any folder.

The geometrics of the Pigeon are very similiar to the Downtube. The Downtube had a longer seat post which allows a rider to bend over more. My girl is about 5 feet 4 inches and likes to ride more uprite as well. She likes the ride of the Pigeon. The Pigeon doesn't have any shocks (in my opinion a plus) but the 20 inch (406) x 1.75 tires provide a very adequate cushion on my local streets. I pumped mine up at a local gas station to about 70 pounds of pressure, and they remain solid with no loss of air. The red Pigeon posted is exactly the same except for the writing on the side. Mine says PIGEON with the small letters of "flying" under it. I hope this helps out a little.....