View Single Post
Old 01-22-09, 09:28 AM
kylejack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maddmaxx
It's time to refresh the tales of internet purchases and your security. My credit card security company called last night to ask if I was willing to confirm my Air France Tickets...............

The charge pattern was unmistakeable, first a very small charge for an I-Tunes download, (is this a good card # and does it work) followed by big ticket Air Fare charges.

Thankyou Chase Security..

This is why I keep one card for my online purchases of bike parts and hobby supplies only. The last card served me well for several years before this hack. I recomend that you do something similar as it is not nice to find that your primary card is enjoying foreign travel. That "online card" had a very predictable pattern of charges that were easy to keep track of and for which Air France tickets were very out of place. Being as I am completely parinoid, I also do all of my online buying from the same computer. That computer is now undergoing the colonoscopy of security sweeps and may find itself brain wiped and reformatted before I'm done. I do know where I have placed all of my orders and many of them will be changed over to my pay-pal account for future sales.

Keep safe.............it's hard to earn it so try to hang on to it for as long as possible.
That's very foolish credit card fraud. The name on the ticket must be the name of the person who is flying, and later name changes are not allowed.