Old 01-22-09, 08:05 PM
jcm
Gemutlichkeit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
xenologer:

Don't knock it til you try it. Tom (the inventor) is one of the members here, and is a very experienced bike tourist. he's also a top notch guy all around. I spent time speaking withj him at the Seattle Bike Expo a couple years ago. He's not into marketing some useless gimick. Any one who likes to use a kick stand, but has had their bike fall over because of the loaded center of gravity being high up, will appreciate this imaginative device. It's light as a feather, folds away into your panniers or tucks under a bungy on top of your rack. It comes with a shock cord that brakes the bike instantly so it won't roll off the stand. I have tested this thing extensively and can find no instance where it wasn't stable - except for soggy spots that would frustrate any kick stand.

My use of the ClickStand has inspired at least four of my friends to purchase it for themselves. The "stupidest" thing I've ever seen is spending hundreds of dollars on quality panniers, then seeing them fall onto the wet, muddy ground. Or, leaning a pricey bicycle up against an object, then having it roll away and end up dinged and otherwise damaged.

The ClickStand is a great product.