Old 01-23-09, 09:37 PM
JayC
Guadzilla

Bikes: Pinarello F4:13 W/Campy Reecord & Blue RC6 W/SRAM Force

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
My favorite LBS that Ive used pretty much exclusively for the past several years is quickly falling out of favor with me. I dont know if its the bad economy or what but the last couple of times Ive been in there to have work done, he's ***** me. Overcharged me on labor and marked parts up on me even after giving me a quote on the parts before I told him to order them.

The way it plays out is I call him "How much is _________?" he tells me, I tell him to order whatever, take the bike up, he puts _________ on the bike and when I get ready to leave "How much did I tell you on that?" and when I tell him "Naaa... couldnt have been that cheap. Lets do $X.XX" which is always quite a bit more than what I was quoted.

I bought two pair of Time pedals that I could have gotten online for $99.00 each. He told me $115 a pair for them and I figured why not, throw him some business. Before I got out the door, they were $140 a set. Labor rates have also gone way up. He charged me $230.00 to build up a freaking bike. I almost fell out when I got that bill.

I know times are tough but I spent about $15 grand up there last year alone. I probably wont be going back. I really didnt want to go back last time but he gave me a good price on something I wanted only to jack the price up on me after the parts were already installed on the bike. I had to drive an hour each way to get there so its not like I was going to carry everything back in pieces.