edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Cruising Thru the "Hood" on The Blue Pigeon 1/24/09

Hello All,

I just got back from a mid afternoon ride through the neighborhood, Baldwin Park. Another pretty day. It was sure nice to see people out and about enjoying themselves.

Here are a few photos from today's ride:

Baldwin Park sits where the old navy training base was here in Orlando several years ago. This is one of the few buildings left from that era. It almost looks like it was a medical facility but I don't know for sure.

Here is another structure from that time too. It almost looks like a post office, but I know that's not the case.

I arrive at "Bluejacket Park", which is located on the west side of the development. The plaque on the stone tells the story that years ago, the navy personnel were called "Blue Jackets". The park occupies 55 acres.

A small area of the park.

Can you believe this is a public bathroom? Even Cesar would be envious!

Of course, I had to get into the "act".

Yes it's a bridge, but not over "troubled waters". In fact there is no water at all!

This is one of several wide open fields in Baldwin Park. This one in particular is very popular with folks who like to fly things in the air. As you can see, there is a fellow flying a radio control model airplane, but you must look very closely, to see it. It's about an inch or so towards the right side of the building's roof. It wasn't even 3 seconds later, he crashed his model plane into the ground. I felt bad thinking that maybe I "jinxed" him. Oh well. That's Lake Baldwin in the background BTW.

This street is called "New Broadstreet", and this specific area is the "Village Center". It's like a small downtown with some shopping, banking, and eateries of all kind. There are other types of businesses there as well.

The neighborhood drug store. A CVS pharmacy, also on New Broadstreet.

Con't

Last edited by edwong3; 01-25-09 at 11:01 AM.