roadiejorge 
stole your bike

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by grolby
Then get over it! Cycling shorts, including bib shorts, are not "short shorts" by any stretch of the imagination. No one is going to care if they see your knees. I'm not telling you this to be mean, I think that you'll quickly come to regret riding in knickers in the summer.

Sheesh, usually people are embarrassed by the potential visibility of their package and/or butt, and it's not like knickers improve that situation. The shyness of many American men about wearing shorts that stop above the knee is just insane. I especially love the way straight men who like nothing more than admiring women in tiny shorts and tank tops suddenly fall all over themselves declaring how embarassing and/or degrading it is for THEM to dress in a way that exposes 1/4 as much skin. Double standard much? Running shorts are "short shorts." Cycling bibs? Not in the least. Get over yourself and wear weather-appropriate gear. Otherwise, you might as well stick to your MTB baggies, they'll be cooler.
+1

I used to be overweight when I started riding and felt embarrassed about wearing cycling specific clothes but sucked it up and chose comfort over body image.