Thread: Vintage Bianchi
View Single Post
Old 01-08-05, 05:09 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
The Nuovo Alloro was a mid-1980s, mid-range model. Retail was around $600 US, depending on the exact year.

You don't mention the tubeset, which will be a big factor in how much you could sell it for. The bottom bracket is Italian threaded, so it's made in Italy and that will fetch a better price than the Japanese manufactured models. There are two likely tubesets, possibly more. If it has a Columbus SL Tretubi (3 main tubes only are SL) tubeset, that will bring more than the Bianchi Special (by Columbus) tubeset. Unless it has the Columbus SL Tretubi frame, most people would be interested in the bicycle primarily to obtain the derailleurs, which by themselves would fetch a good price.

However, I'm in agreement with The OtherGuy. If it it fits and you like it, then ride it!

I wonder if you could post the serial number, which is likely in two sections on the seat lug (both sides) or bottom bracket (both sides). Also the patent date on the rear derailleur next to the cable housing recess. John E and myself are collecting serial numbers from Italian manufactured, 1980s Bianchi, in an attempt to decypher the code. Thank-you in advance.