Old 02-06-09, 03:12 PM
atman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chargepod V2 = charge your laptop, cell etc. from your ebike battery

So there's a device called the Chargepod V2 shipping in March. I've been interested in it because, from appearances, it will power a mac laptop and a bunch of peripherals while providing USB data and power connections.

Pretty smooth. But I wrote the company to ask a couple questions: does it support the MagSafe adapters used on new macs, and will it take higher voltages, such as 36v DC?

The company wrote back today to say yes, the chargepod will charge modern macs, and yes, it will handle DC voltages such as 36v. Didn't ask about anything higher, but it can probably swing it; seems like a fairly sophisticated device.

As someone who will more than likely be putting together an ebike this year, the idea of being able to use the bike's battery to run all my devices for arbitrarily long periods of time is pretty exciting. Chargepod V2 looks like it'll do its job well enough that I'd get it just for the wall connectivity; the high-voltage DC in (it takes 12 volt too, of course) is just a bonus.

Now if only you could smart-charge your battery off the Chargepod... would that not be swell?

http://www.callpod.com/products/chargepodv2

And no, I have nothing to do with the company. Haven't seen the product either. But it looks great! time will tell...

Last edited by atman; 02-06-09 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added link