Old 02-07-09, 02:13 PM
octiceps
Just Gettin' Started

Bikes: '08 Forge CTS 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for all the prompt replies. I appreciate it.

To answer redtires' concerns about my surgery: While I did have surgery a little over a week ago, I got the go-ahead from my surgeon to ride and do some easy weightlifting. In fact, he recommended it as it would help me build back my strength and recover faster. I have not ridden more than 14 miles in one bout and I am not pushing anything higher than the 42x15 gear to keep the pressure off my knees. I also ice my left knee three times a day.

As for everybody else, so far I feel very comfortable riding the bike, but since I cannot put too much distance in my legs right now, I don't know how I would feel after a long ride. I'll post pics of me riding in various positions after the mag trainer I just ordered arrives.

Originally Posted by roadiejorge
When you go for a ride you'll be able to tell, signs of feeling really stretched out will be the first indicator. Keep in mind that making adjustments to the stem and the spacers should be done once you identify what feels right, flipping the stem and removing the spacers are only going to compound the problem if it's too big.
When I first got the bike, I tried the stem in all the various positions: Flipped up, flipped down, on top of steerer tube, in middle of steerer tube, at bottom of steerer tube... I felt relaxed and not stretched out in all of them, but we'll have to wait and see once I get some longer rides in.