Old 02-07-09, 08:00 PM
kleng

Bikes: Litespeed L1r, Litespeed Ghisallo 07, TCR Advanced Team SL 0 ISP, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Giant TCR Advanced Team - T-Mobile, Giant Propel Advanced SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They are significantly cheaper, therefore budget, but the rims are mostly likely gigantex oem with a 12k weave cosmetic layer.

I've got the tubular versions which weigh in at 1600gms for the set. I wanted the monocoque rim and I could'nt be sure whether the clincher was only a rim and fairing design. It's a simpler design with spokes nipples at the rim, which it so much easier to true, without removing the tubular, the high spoke count makes for a strong wheel. The wheels are well made with no blemishes in the carbon work, an extremely even finish in the tire bed with no excess material anywhere and the ultegras are practically indestructible

They are relatively heavy compared to other 50mm tubular wheels because of the Ultegra hubs and extra spoke count.

I don't believe Shimano, who owns PRO, makes them as most of the PRO products are sourced in Taiwan, there were no box markings to indicate the wheel was made at the Shimano malaysian wheel factory.

This is the thread I started when I first got them

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ight=rc-50+pro

Here is a picture of my rears i'm using

Last edited by kleng; 02-07-09 at 08:14 PM.