View Single Post
Old 02-08-09, 01:49 PM
twoflats

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikinfool
That's what I'm talking about; the process of bedding the pad material to the rotor. You're not constantly cleaning the rotor or anything? No chance of having contaminated the pads with lube or something? Are you using resin or metallic pads? Do you have another pair of pads to switch out to see if that's the issue?

I've not used the road versions (mountain versions for 8 years now) so am of limited help with lever travel issues, but it does sound like something is wrong. You're following Avid setup instructions to the letter? You're not using the cable tension for pad adjustment and have the caliper positioned as suggested?
Yes, I've followed the Avid instructions to a "T". I've even torn it all down and reinstalled, making sure to follow the instructions perfectly (just in case I'd had a mental fart the previous time(s)). I only cleaned the rotors once after I'd inadvertently bumped into it with my finger while trying to turn the inboard pad adjuster.

Speaking of brake pads...have you tried various types of pads in your BB7s? Are any of the pads "harder" or do any of them offer a less spongy feel?