Old 02-11-09, 11:34 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by red sox junkie
No offense, but I'll trust my doctor's diagnosis and my PTs observations confirming the diagnosis. There was inflamation and the IT Band was noticably tighter on the involved leg than the other leg. I had been doing all of my cycling on my road bike and switched to my cross bike and that is when I experienced my ITB issues. Who knows if it was the bike switch that caused it, but that is the only thing I can identify. I lost two months of cycling due to that issue and I would like to try to avoid that this year. So maybe I'm being a bit cautious by sticking with one bike, but I would like to take that variable out of the equation.
I think sticking with 1 bike is good for reasons other than ITB... like getting to know your equipment, dialing it in and not needing to worry about adjustments, being on the same machine you'll get you to how it sounds, shifts, etc... and potentially pre-empt any maintenance issues... and on.

Switching from 1 brevet to the next seems like asking for trouble. Many of the folks I know have more than their share of bikes - but they stick with their trusted steed for long rides, training, and even commuting. I bounce between 2 - my fg and my if brevet bike - but when the spring season starts i'll be on the brevet bike for most everything other than short runs about town.