Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Davetype1
no i have not heard of it what is big big combo? and what is cross chaining?
Well, I was just having fun, so please take it ion the nature intended...

Big big combo refers to your choice of gear combination. The large chain ring to large cog is a gear combination that wouldn't be used very often (the big big combo), and would be considered cross chaining... It is a slightly inefficient gear combination because of the extreme angle of the chain, but leads to extreme reactions by some (mostly joking I hope), especially if you were to read in the Road Cycling forum.

If you were to do a search for OCP, you would find even more tongue in cheek information concerning "proper" picture taking techniques such as the need to ensure that your pedals are in the proper position, that your valve caps are properly positioned etc... This is where my comment concerning the white garage door came from... it is the approved background for an OCP bicycle picture.

By the way, OCP stands for Obsessive Compulsive Poseur... a term that seems to have disappeared from the forum over the past year or so. But, I digress, as is the nature of a member of the OCP.

After you are done enjoying the merriment I have shared with you, enjoy your next ride on your new bike.