View Single Post
Old 02-16-09, 09:03 PM
LT Intolerant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
If you're not recovering within 48 hours for every session, you are going too hard for your current levl of fitness.

Until you get into better shape, cut back in bioth duration and intensity.

1.5 hours at 80% is pretty tough. Remember time on a trainer is non-stop and you don't get the usual road "breaks" like going down hill, stop at lights, backing off, etc.
I think you've nailed it. The best adage I've heard in 20+ years of racing and training is "all you can do is all you can do".

In essence you're body wants to give what it can, but if you ask it for more than you can give it, then you're asking for too much, and you'll feel tired or sore or both.

Without knowing everything about your current fitness and approach I'd say throttle back on the intensity (not volume) of your training for now. The best bang for the buck is training in the Sweet Spot, that point at which you can't hold a conversation easily, but you aren't in pain. People often think they aren't working out hard enough and push beyond their limits wt. getting the payback they are looking for.

Try increasing the amount of sustained time you can spend in the Sweet Spot each week and over time you'll find you're able to handle more workload and your fitness will improve. If you want more detailed if on Sweet Spot training check out the following link.

http://www.fascatcoaching.com/sweetspottraining.html