View Single Post
Old 02-18-09, 08:34 AM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
strida 5.2 + upgrades for older stridas

I was googling and I found that strida has incorporated some of the ideas I contributed via email to areaware.. some of these products will be available to upgrade older strida 5.0 models!

1. Ever find the handling of the strida a tad too twitchy? My suggestion was riser bars, and spread them a bit wider.. so the end result was risers that extend a bit wider than the original bars.. with the hands wider apart, turns feel a bit safer for those that don't want to slice and dice thru traffic and just want to enjoy a cruise

2. 18" wheels. Now, the existing strida wheels can be REbuilt on larger diameter rims. just use the existing hubs and have a bike shop source rims that are 18" and have the correct hole count. rim tape + tubes + tires and ur good. If you don't want to go thru that hassle, wheels will be available as a 15min upgrade in early march.

3. speed kit. the 2speed shcumpfh drive will also be available and this SHOULD consist of the front crank + front belt ring as well as a shorter belt to accomodate.

who's gonna be first!?