cachehiker
Soma Lover

Bikes: one bike for every day of the week

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilmooz
I tried to watch the video but ended up clicking on the half naked samba dancer link on the right.
As did I. There are very few Samba dancers here behind the Zion Curtain in Utah.

It's a given the cyclist made poor decisions but that's like an officer tasing jaywalkers.

I would assume following him to work before giving him multiple citations would've resulted in more revenue and less bad publicity for the department. I don't know what the legal system there is like but here it would've already cost the department more money than the officer's annual salary. They usually frown on officers being jerks and subsequently converting a revenue stream into a expense item.

He's a regular commuter so it's not like he's going to evade police for very long. Calling in for a little assistance and giving him yet more citations the next day would be a viable option as well. If he keeps blowing them off it wouldn't be long before they could make resisting arrest stick in addition to a dozen or more citations. At that point the prosecutors and local treasurer start drooling.

Fines! Community Service! Paying your own Probation Officer!