Old 01-12-05, 10:16 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cjs1948
I am/was one of the numb feet group although perhaps not as bad as yours. One thing that has been suggested here many times is moving your cleats (assuming you're riding clipless) toward your heel. On my Lake sandals I had moved them as far back as I could and was still having a problem. Recently, I took out my Dremel and did the necessary relieving to gain another 1/4 inch or so. This has nearly resolved my problem but I feel that another 1/4" would do it or at least get as good as it gets for me. I use two-sided pedals so I ride sometimes with flip-flops or regular sandal which minimize the issue. Also, I ride trikes so I don't ever have to unclip unless I'm getting off.

Anyway, I think you should start here and if not relieved move on to other possibilities. Surely others will respond as well.

Chip

PS Knee savers move your feet outword from the crank--further apart. I don't think anyone would recommend pedal blocks which is the only way to get farther from the pedal.
When I try this will there be a differance in how much bend I'll still have in my leg? So I may have to make the proper adjustments so my knee bend is where it should be? Did you have to make any adjustments? Also what about the power used during the pedal stroke? Do you lose very much by moving the cleats back?