View Single Post
Old 02-24-09, 05:01 PM
Pinyon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is easy for me to lose my rotating paceline mojo. Just a few months of riding mostly alone, and I get scolded for pushing too hard off the front when it is my turn. Happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR too. I always think that I'm not doing it too, but the riders around here are quick to point out that I DO. Every, single, year.

I don't know what percent energy riding in a paceline saves you, but riding with people that are willing to take their turns pulling can make a HUGE difference. Riding with other people is also fun in general. Even if you don't talk much while riding, like me (no, I'm not trying to be rude or am mad at you, I'm just doing my riding and thinking...thing), cooperating with other riders certainly adds something extra to riding in general.

Unlike Mr. Beanz, I don't really mind wheel-suckers. As long as they don't ride erratically in front of me, I'm fine. I don't have that competitive race mentality either. Just keeping up with guys that weigh 35+ lbs less than I do on any 3+ hour ride is good enough for me.

I don't like whiners either. When I've been lazy and suck, I just fess up. I've sucked before, and lived through it. No biggie. I expect the same out of others. No whining, and blaming everything else under the sun.

This is supposed to be fun, right?