View Single Post
Old 02-25-09, 03:54 PM
gldnedge

Bikes: Cannondale Bad Boy (King James edition)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
Not to pry about the job, but you say they won't let you take the bike past the gate house. I assume that's the security gate at the entrance to the property? If so, what's the difference (according to the employer) between driving a car to a parking spot, and riding your bike to a parking spot?
The place I work is rather huge....packed-full of people and rules to govern the people. They don't.....err, WON'T spend much time dealing with my piddly-arse request to break old bicycle rules. It's futile to resist...that's what I've learned in the 12 years I've been there.

The gate house sits between the parking lot and the production area. I *could* park the bike there, but I'm one of those people who will not lock-up the bike and walk away from it. Not to mention, it's way out of my way to leave the bike at the main gate as I work 1/2 mile away from there and I'd have to hoof forever after a 15 mile ride to the plant.

Here's a pic of my plant....it's roughly a mile long and has a couple thousand employees.

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/images/8250/8250notw9apfoa.jpg