Old 02-27-09, 11:44 AM
TimJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vertr
It is actually a Fuji Cross Comp frame, even the build kit is very similar between the fantom cross (other than cockpit pieces).
I'm not sure if that's true. Last fuji cross frame I looked at the downtube looked quite a bit different from my fantom cross. Everyone says that but I'm skeptical.

Anyway, I have a fantom cross I built up from the frame and I like it.

My wife just got a fantom cx and so far she likes it. She got it from the original owner and I had to semi-rebuild the whole thing. Basically just shortening all the cables, pretty much every single housing was too long. Here's what's goofy on her bike, since it was stock: straddle cable hangers for the brakes were really cheap and crappy. Minor detail but changing them was well worth it. The tires are heavy. The wheels are... well I'd ride 'em but they're just pretty cheap and heavy, they're my roller wheels now. The bb is a cheapy. The crankset is kind of a cheapy too but perfectly reasonable, what was really nice is it was a compact. Uhhh... that's about it. Nice bike, really.

We like 'em. Nice bikes. I've taken mine on fireroads but didn't race it, probably will next season.