Old 01-14-05, 08:17 PM
Prg146

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need Help Choosing Bike For Touring and More

Hi,
This summer I'm going to go to a camp where we ride from Paris to Rome, in a month, at about 65 or 70 miles a day, fully loaded (25lbs of gear) and I need to purchace a bike. Some background on me... I'm 15 years old so still growing, 5'7'' most likely will be an inch or so taller this summer, I weigh 115lbs give or take 5 and am in good shape (run about a 6:45 mile). I went to my lbs and they recomended the Specialized Sequoia, which I have read some good and bad things about here. My main problem with buying a pure touring bike is that I want to do a little bit of racing this upcomming summer and fall and don't want to have to buy another bike. Many of the Sequoia's problems don't seem to be as bad with someone of my weight, and it would not put as much stress on the bike because I weight 30lbs less than most people. I would also be putting on 32x700 tires and a diffrent cassete on it. So I guess my question is do you think that I would be well off riding the Sequoia or should I just be looking at diffrent bikes considering that I will only be able to use this bike for a season or two b/c I'm growing and should get a bike that I could get the most use out of. Thanks