Square & Compas
Banned.

Bikes: Vision R40 Recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikesafer
Thanks for checking out the video, but as the cyclist in the story, I feel I have to correct you on something,

I never stated that if I am killed I will be dead right, the people who produced the story said that. I said I use the cameras so no matter what happens I will have proof that I was in the right.

Pipes,
I don't believe the producer or reporter got any "help from Fox" in doing this story, and I know I didn't get any help from anyone with my cameras. I've been riding with cameras for over a year now and I've been a professional photographer for more than 20 years. If I had any help from a major network I'm sure the video quality would have been better than it was. I can only afford the cheaper cameras not the HD lipstick cameras a network would have.

HoustonB,
I have tossed around that same idea but never figured out how to do it in a way that didn't put me at risk of either getting knocked off my bike each time the rod got hit or snapping back and hitting me. If you figure out how to make it work, let me and all of us know. I'd love to hear the response of the cop when I showed them the video with a yardstick smacking into the car as he went by.

Bikesafer
Jeff

My Frings, You're right it did come from the media, sorry for the mis-quote. Where did they get that idea anyway? Did you actually say something like that to them, or allude to that is how you feel?

Just to let you know I found the video on the bikeiowa.com web site; http://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/hotnews/...sp?NewsID=3690

I put a post about it on my Advocacy and Safety blog;
http://bicycleadvocacyandsafety.blogspot.com/

When you consulted with the attorney who helped you find proof about cyclists rights to the roadways did you go back to the police dept. and the prosecutor who wrote you the letter to show they are incorrect? Or did the attorney you consulted with send them a letter? What was the outcome of that?

I have been thinking about contacting a local news station in my area to see about doing the same thing here. Only I don't have the small cameras. Maybe the news station does and they can outfit my bike with 3, one facing backward, one facing to the left and one facing forward.

n the current Legislative Session in Des Moines it is being determined whether or not a new bicycle bill of rights law will be passed. It has already passed the Senate and now the House version has yet to be debated. Part of it includes a 5', NOT 3' passing law, along with others.