View Single Post
Old 03-02-09, 11:39 PM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by 23skidoo
I was given a quote of $200 to chrome plate the same frame, and $165 to copper plate it with no polish beforehand follwed by chemical treatment to enhance the 'aging' of the copper, all with a final powder clearcoat.
My local guy said $175 for chroming a frame and fork, and he's the most reasonable I've talked to about plating anything. The closest place to me said $125 for a 26" steel rim. I kind of smiled, and said "No thanks." before walking out the door. The same place wanted $40 a piece to chrome brand new baby moon hubcaps. How they sell any jobs is beyond me? The $175 I was quoted included sandblasting, polishing, copper and nickel, and chrome. Sounds like you found a good(and reasonable) shop as well.,,,,BD

Hey now..... I do have that Super Course frame with Prugnat lugs? That would look very nice in copper, especially since I tapered the lugs on it a few weeks ago. I think I will run the frame over there in a day or two. Can't do it tomorrow. I'm picking up a Raleigh Sports complete with the Brooks saddle for $18,,,,BD