View Single Post
Old 03-04-09, 12:40 AM
chevelle2291

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you have a performance shop near you, you might wanna check out the E3 form and ti saddles. These saddles have a very thin nose which gives your thighs a lot of pedaling clearance. I had the E3 ti and currently have the E3 form, but do not use either at the moment. I thought both saddles were pretty nice for the money, especially the E3 form gel, which had just a little bit extra padding than the E3 ti. I believe its on sale for about $30 at performance right now. Also, a lot of people on this forum usually say that you should have your sit bones measured to determine the right saddle width for you. For a cheap cutout saddle, you could also try the Forte Pro SLX saddle.

In case you were wondering, I just bought a fizik arione that I am VERY happy with. It's nice and long, with a relatively flat surface with no cutout. I like to move around on my saddle depending on my position on the bike so this saddle is perfect for me. It also has a lot of thigh clearance and will have even more once the "wing flex" starts to work its magic. Performance offers the Forte Pro RS1 saddle, which is very similar in shape to the Arione, but imo the Arione's carbon shell and flex is worth the extra money.

Edit: I decided to return the Arione, it felt great on the trainer but after a couple of rides with it there was just too much pressure on my love channel. I went and bought a Peformance E3 Form (non-gel) saddle today, which is supposed to have some of the same characteristics as the Toupe (weight on sitbones, etc.). Also, I will likely be buying a Specialized Toupe on ebay tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes when I get it.

Last edited by chevelle2291; 03-07-09 at 08:16 PM.