Old 01-16-05, 10:20 AM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonFixed
80% of my commute is either on worng way bike lanes, or going the wrong way down 1 way streets, or riding into oncoming traffic.
I'm much faster this way, and I've never had a problem.
This is not meant to be sarcastic or anything negative at all. I just am trying to figure out something for myself and bring up a point that may be worth considering. Please don't take this the wrong way.

Do you have a car? Did you ever have a car? Don't get me wrong. I think not having a car in a city is very practical and a good thing for many reasons. I put 10 times the mileage on my bikes in a week than my car. I would do more if possible.

The only reason I ask, is I think this helps you understand the other persons point of view. In other words it helps you imagine what a driver thinks when he is close to you. I don't doubt that you can go quickly up the street and miss that car. My point is that most, if not all drivers will go through a second of panic when you are nearby going against traffic, then they don't know how to react. This makes them mad too. What are your thoughts on that?