Old 03-06-09, 09:33 AM
chriskitch

Bikes: Jamis Sputnik, Custom Cannondale CAAD8 road, 1994 Rocky Mountain Metro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Syscrush
With the temps above freezing I went to pick it up yesterday. I hit up Mountain Equipment Co-op first and scored some Shimano PD-A520 pedals:

I actually had dreams of riding the bike as I was drifting off last night, and I woke up an hour earlier than I normally would and my first thoughts were of the bike. Jesus - a 38 year old man with a new bicycle but my emotions are more like a 12 year old girl with a new pony.

I've got some work to finish up this morning, then I hope to go out for a ride of ~50k or so. I've got a couple of trips planned for the spring and summer (one 180k day in the spring, and ~140k twice in 3 days in the summer) - my Cypress R hybrid set up for touring is the logical choice for those rides, but I can't stop thinking about how much I'd like to take the new bike. Time will tell.

Pics to follow.

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement.
Nice...i was 38 when I got my Sputnik too...My first ride on it was 150k (i bought it in Toronto in the Beaches and rode it home to Kitchener on the back roads)...You can definitely do long rides on the Sputnik and you'll appreciate the carbon fork's muted feel in the later stages of your ride...

How much is MEC charging for the Shimano 520's?...I'm using Look road pedals with the cheap black and white Exustar road shoes that MEC sells with mixed results and I'm thinking about doing a switch to something easier to walk in...