View Single Post
Old 03-06-09, 09:50 AM
Syscrush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by chriskitch
Nice...i was 38 when I got my Sputnik too...My first ride on it was 150k (i bought it in Toronto in the Beaches and rode it home to Kitchener on the back roads)...You can definitely do long rides on the Sputnik and you'll appreciate the carbon fork's muted feel in the later stages of your ride...
I read your review & ride report as part of my research before pulling the trigger on this purchase. One of my trips planned for this year is a Toronto-KW round-trip with my brother-in-law. He started cycling last year after I did that trip for the first time so now he wants to train for it and have a crack at it himself. Of course, if I do it on the Sputnik this year, I won't be doing the climb up Appleby to Rattlesnake like I did last year on my Cypress!!! I can't imagine doing that climb without the assistance of a super granny gear.

How much is MEC charging for the Shimano 520's?...I'm using Look road pedals with the cheap black and white Exustar road shoes that MEC sells with mixed results and I'm thinking about doing a switch to something easier to walk in...
Ooops - I left the receipt in the MEC box which I left at the shop when I picked up the bike. I think they were around $50.