View Single Post
Old 03-07-09, 07:17 PM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by roccobike
A local guy is/was selling an early Schwinn World Sport (hi-ten frame) in very nice condition, wanted $175. It wasn't moving so he reposted a couple of times. The local Village Idiot/CL Bike Police climbed all over the poor guy in a post to CL telling him the price is outrageous, needed to lower it, get a clue, real insulting etc. etc. I usually stay away from getting involved in that crap. I flagged the village idiot but left the seller alone. He lowered his price $25, and now the post is removed. I'm guessing he got $125 or more for the bike which is within reason. I've looked at a couple of local prices and said "no way". Then the post is down in 48 hours. Vintage bikes around here are continuing to sell at all time high prices. Folks don't bother to clean them up. Just remove it from under the house, take a pic and post on CL and get your cash. It's crazy.
It is crazy. Not long ago they would have removed it from under the house and dragged it to the curb for bulk pick-up day. Actually, I hope it returns to those days, since "I brake for curbside treasures".