Old 03-08-09, 02:28 AM
joninkrakow

Bikes: '86 Koga Miyata Randonneur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knobster
You might also try looking through their dealer network. http://www.surlybikes.com/dealers.html#
I have looked at the list, but being overseas, a local dealer doesn't help me. :-( Since I won't be in the States until late 2010, and my wife is going back in May, I figured I would buy a frame online, and have it shipped to her mother. :-D I was really hoping to get opinions of you folks, as to trustworthy shops. I didn't realize Harris sold Surlys, so right now, for me, it's between them and JensonUSA. Jenson doesn't charge shipping, but Harris gave me the info I needed on their web page, namely the stand-over height. I have a pelvic bone height of at least 34", and closer to 36", so I think the largest frame size is what I'm after. Besides, I want a rather upright handlebar setup, which will necessitate the larger frame to get that without adding a lot of those silly-looking (to me) spacers. This will be my first bike that was made later than the early 90s, so it's going to be an experience. ;-)

Thanks to all who have responded so far! BTW, does anybody even own a 62 LHT? I would love to see a picture of it. I only ever see the smaller frame sizes.

-Jon