View Single Post
Old 03-09-09, 09:15 AM
chriskitch

Bikes: Jamis Sputnik, Custom Cannondale CAAD8 road, 1994 Rocky Mountain Metro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've had good luck with the KOPS system as well...It eliminated a few aches and pains which I had always thought were a normal part of riding...At first, it felt like the bars were really far away, but once I got used to it, it was great...

You might also want to consider ditching the san marco ponza saddle...I don't care what body type you have or how level you get that thing, there will be far less painful options for you...For me, the perfect saddle as far as comfort goes is the San Marco Regal (though the pricetag on the regal is a bit painful...especially with our struggling Canadian Peso)...I've had good luck with some of the Terry saddles that MEC sells as well (i can even hook you up with a gently used-never crashed ti-railed Terry Liberator unisex for almost no pesos at all) but once my ass gets on a Regal, it's like it has found its perfect match...

As for riding from Toronto to Kitchener and attempting the climbs along the way, I've found that I've had more issues going down the descents than climbing the climbs...The Sputnik is light enough that if you just stand on the pedals in a climb and focus on the road in front of you whilst going to your special meditative place, you'll get to the top of the hill before you know it...Unless your legs give out...Fortunately, it looks like you've altered the stock 48x15 gearing of the 2007 Sputnik for something a little more long distance leg friendly...

Enjoy your bike!