View Single Post
Old 03-09-09, 04:38 PM
vinofan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kunsei83
First of all, your analogy is just dumb and doesn't make sense. You begin by saying tour and giro basically have same teams competing and comparing that Indy and Dayton which they use completely different cars and drivers.

Second, I don't know how many times I have to repeat about this; I'm not saying anything about Giro is not exciting or is not better racing. Read what I write before replying directly to me.

Third, Tour and Giro having same teams doesn't mean they're using the same roster.
Maybe it was the person reading it, I'll explain it for you.
The Indy 500 and Daytona 500 are both great races and it would be hard to say one it better than the other because there are so many differences.
So what I am saying is that the tour and the Giro, although both bicycle races, have a great many differences(culturally, competitor, route, etc...). Many riders would rather peak for the giro than the tour, your idea that the tour is the crowning glory of cycling and that every cyclist should try and win it is just your opinion.
There is a pride in saying you have won the Giro as it carries a different sense of pride with it than the Tour, nobody wants to be a one trick pony.
Who is to say that riding the giro means you won't ride tour? Plenty of riders have done both and done very well riding both in the same year.
Sounds like your making excuses for LA in case he loses.