Old 03-10-09, 03:58 AM
mechanicalron

Bikes: Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in downtown Detroit and I am 44 (going on 19) years old. I have lived in SD for 8 years in the 90s and to compare the two would take a book. This is my 6th year totaly car free and yes it can be a trip at times but when I used a car I stil had to look out for the crack heads and drunk bus drivers. O yea we have a bike lane in front of GM that was prob used for a photo shoot prop but is now a taxi stand! Any town is a good town to bike in if you even 1/2 way like the town you live in. I feel so in contact with my city now and the people here. It will give you a new sens of your own community if you ride every day. I have found so many good and talented people here just riding every day. When I was in my car I only saw the hatred and anger that thrives here. It makes me sad to think of what may happen to this town with the way things are but I am all for the bicycle here and this is one place it can only get better!