Old 03-11-09, 06:59 PM
bab2000

Bikes: riders:Schwinn Continental ('80), Specialized Crossroads Sport ('07), Schwinn Super Sport (73), Schwinn Superior (76), Projects: Schwinn Sprint ('74), Trek 800 & Schwinn Continental ('71)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oddtanlines
I figured that custom is my only option. I really want to see which customs people like. (I should have mentioned that in OP) Bab2000... that is one huge family. Btw - I'm a LaPorte native!
Yes, was so glad when the last move out on own, 2 daughters as well each 5'12"

Just down the road, LaPorte was always meal time on return trips from visiting oldest when he was at Purdue on home football Saturdays (5 years worth) and if me made it a day trip for a Saturday or Sunday visit. (they completed the 4 lane roadway just after he graduated)

A British Hoosier, well I have never had the pleasure till today, "howdy-cheers" should cover it.

I have not yet taken on a long tour trip, but when ready I am first looking at the Surly Long Haul Trucker for my 2XL frame. Presently I am using a Specialized Crossroad Sport for my trips is fitted for racks and geared just about right for the flatlands and the rolling hills in in Indiana and southern Michigan. I also have a couple of Schwinns, (mid 70s Vintage), longer frame length. I fit with a rear rack, and large saddle bag for a hilly road tour and often when the ride is supported in regards to gear.

PS: Spring is trying to emerge, was nice and pleasant late last week breaking low 60s, storms Sunday with tornado hitting Columbia city and making appearances eastward. Then dropped to the low 30s through today with promise of clearing weather by weekend. 6" of rain since Sunday causing flooding along the river basins near here, not sure if the Wabash is rising. Take care now.